Thursday, February 16, 2012

Recent life happenings

Caleb's guilty face
She loves hats!

And she LOVES her purse!





He is so good at putting together lego sets! Go Caleb!


So I have been consumed by packing, cleaning and showing our place!! I am so sick of people coming to look at our place, we clean, we get everything perfect, then we wait... if they show up (which half the time they don't), then we give the gig about the place, show all the nooks and crannies and then we usually hear " oh OK great!!, we are super interested, but we have 1 more place to look then we will for sure get back to you..." well... we wait some more and then we never hear from them again... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! My favorite people who came were the pregnant girlfriend and her boyfriend, who were very interested in the place, when it came time for the at least 30 year old guy to give his references and last landlords information- he says "well.. I don't actually have any landlords because I just crash on people's couches", so let me get this straight... for at least 12 years you have been crashing on people's couches??!! Can we say MOOCH?! Oh brother, it's been interesting!

It seems like sleep in hard come by... it never ends. If C isn't up from a bad dream, or a earache, A is up coughing or puking, and if they both sleep through the night at the same time (which is a rare happening), then I am a awake and can't sleep! I am quite used to this drooling while you are awake kind of fatigue- but wonder if it will ever end??

Running has been going great- when I get myself to the Y! When our tax returns come back I am getting a double chariot so I can take the kids running with me- that will be so much easier than having to pack us all up for the Y! Last week I ran almost 3 miles in 30 minutes. I felt great! I may try to sneak off tonight- K, my DH has been crabby from his own lack of sleep- Going for a nice run with great music will help me cope with him better!!

We move in less than 2 weeks- can we say dishwasher? Bathtub? Sun-room? Gas fireplace? Seperate bedrooms for all???

So we adopted a new sponsor daughter through Compassion International from Bangladesh, her name is Dipali and she has a very special place in my heart. She is 7 years old and very very poor. Where I am concerned about moving into a bigger place for my family- she is concerned and faced with the challenge of just getting to eat and have clean running water. I am so excited about being able to connect with her and teach the kids that they aren't the only one's who are important to me, and that there is a lot of need in this world. We are even wanting to meet her in the future and be able to connect our worlds even more.

Well.. life in a nut shell! Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Cathy Jonas; Steve Jonas said...

Certainly Holly. Never a dull moment. Boy, you've had a lot going on. Both Steve and I really enjoyed your blog, you write and describe things really well. Best of luck and love to you, Kevin, and the kids.

Love Cathy and Steve