Friday, November 9, 2007

Caleb had surgery!

Well, today turned out to be an unexpected day! Caleb and I went down to the cities (here at Gillettes children's hospital) for what we thought was a quick 1 hour appointment to determine if Caleb needed surgery on his foot or not..... 4 hours later he is in surgery 10 minutes later he is done and recovering with a big blue cast on his whole leg. They cut his heel cord and then casted him. The cast will stay on him for 3 weeks and then he will have to wear the "ponseti bar".. it is 2 little "sandals" with a bar attatched to them that Caleb will have to wear on both of his feet continuously for 6 weeks and then only at night until he is 4 years old!! I freaked out a bit at first.. the whole thing came as a shock. I am doing OK now and Caleb is snoozing in his hospital room, doing just fine. I think the whole thing is a lot harder on me than it is on him. Even when Caleb had to fast for 5 hours, he was such a trooper trying his best to be his smiley self! This too shall pass. God has been with us the whole way... YEA GOD!!! Keep us in your prayers!!

No comments: