Thursday, February 7, 2013

Babies babies babies!

We had our 20 week ultrasound, the wait was killing me! There were a lot of factors that made my hearts desire to have another little girl, but was coming to terms that it would be just fine if it were another boy too- I just always had a sister (several), and couldn't imagine Annaliese not having one, also there would be 6 years between Caleb and a little brother, which would make room sharing difficult in the future- the list went on and on.  Boys are awesome too- my sweet Caleb has been a snuggly little mamas boy since day one- he is my buddy whom I love dearly, we play legos, go on adventures and he bounces around the house happily. 
This pregnancy has been JUST like when I was pregnant with Annaliese- same cravings, very sick at the beginning, belly has done just about the same thing- so in those regards, I really thought this baby was a girl.  When Caleb took up residence in my body, it was so different, I craved weird things (pretty similiar to lizard tails-ick), had no morning sickness- just a bit of smell aversions and carried around a little perfect basketball- but as I was talking to people and looking a bit on Dr. Google- apparently all pregnancies are different and you just can't go off of that to determine gender.. so I pushed those aside and just figured I should prepare for either- so my feelings went from very much girl, to most likely boy- to ultrasound day when I found out...






Yup!! I was right from day one!! I get another GIRL, Annaliese gets a sister and Caleb gets to be the only mama's boy.  I was struggling and praying to muster up peace and joy if it were to be a boy- and now I know why it would never come- it wasn't suppose to, I wasn't suppose to have peace about having another boy, because I wasn't going to!
I have never been more excited to pull out all of A's old little cute girl clothes, buy new summer ones and get cute girly stuff.  

No comments: